Rental Application Criteria
“We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, National Origin, or Sexual Orientation.”
All prospective residents MUST see the interior of the property before a Residential Application can be submitted. All property is rented in AS IS condition except where there is written agreement for repairs that will be included in the lease. Verbal representations are non-binding.
All information collected for this application is considered confidential in nature and for J.E. Holland Properties, Inc. use only.
- Applicant – All persons applying who are 18 years of age or older. Applicant must complete an application, including submission of all supporting documents and pay the application fee. All applicants 18 years or older are financially responsible unless excluded under the definition of Occupant.
- Occupant – Any person applying who is 18 years of age or older and who is a dependent of the Applicant. Occupant will not be financially responsible for the lease, but must complete an application, and pay the application fee. Persons under the age of 18 need not complete an application and will not be financially responsible for the lease.
- Guarantor – Any person who guarantees payment should the applicant default on their financial responsibility. Guarantor cannot reside in the property, must live in the state of Florida, be 21 years of age or older, pay a separate application fee and be approved without contingencies.
- All applicable fields on the Rental Application Form must be filled out and signed by the applicant.
- Application fee is $45 per adult person 18 years of age or older.
- Valid current photo documentation is required: Examples are driver’s license, State issued I.D. or passport.
- A valid social security number is required of each applicant.
- All applicants will be screened by a third party screening company.
APPLICATION FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE and must be paid by cash, money order or cashier’s check.
Processing an application may take up to 2 business days. Some applications may take longer due to unforeseen circumstances. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial.
- Current Income: Applicants should have a combined gross income of at least (3) three times the monthly rent. Income must be verified with two most recent pay stubs or verification by Employer.
- Credit History: Applicant must have a satisfactory credit rating and 24 months credit history on lease or mortgage. If your application is denied, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a free copy.
- Rental History: Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, No NSF Checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination. Application will be denied if Applicant has been evicted within the legal time period.
- Credit History for Guarantor: Guarantor must have a satisfactory credit rating and 24 months credit history on a lease or mortgage. Gross monthly income must meet or exceed (4) four times the monthly rent amount.
Application Denial: Applicant will be denied or lease terminated if:
- Applicant has falsified ANY information on application
- Applicant has ever been convicted of any sexually related offense or Violent Crime Against Another Person that was adjudicated guilty or adjudication withheld.
- Applicant has any criminal entries, and after we consider the nature, severity and date of criminal conduct.
- Pets are permitted in homes in which the homeowner has given written permission (with the exception of medically necessary service pet). If approved, there is a $500 per pet non-refundable fee (maximum of 2 pets). The following breeds of dogs will not be accepted under any circumstances. German Shepherds, Dobermans, Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Pit Bulls), Chows or Rottweilers, and/or any mixed breed, where the predominant breed is mentioned above are not permitted.
- A (7) seven day Noncurable Termination of Lease will be issued for Pet Policy violations.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- If application is approved, the Security Deposit, the first month’s rent and any applicable pet fees must be paid in Cash, Money Order or Cashier’s Check within 24 hours of notification of approval.
- Lease shall be signed within (3) three business days excluding weekends and tenant shall take possession at time of signing Lease or shall forfeit Security Deposit.
- Keys will be released on the first day of occupancy according to the lease and under NO circumstances prior to that date.
- Pro-rated rent amounts will be applied to the second month of occupancy.
Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your Lease or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.
Click Here to Download